> JOIN A JOIN
FIND YOUR UNIQUE PLACE TO STAY
FIND YOUR UNIQUE PLACE TO STAY
Join a Join (JAJ) www.joinajoin.com was founded in 2014 and today endures its start-up and entrepreneurial spirit. Local company with presence in the emerging short-term rental segment of the hospitality industry. It has developed solid brand awareness and equity in the Puerto Rico (PR) market, representing a trusted option for hosts and guests.
Early days: Problem Identification – JAJ identified a relevant market for the local community seeking vacation places to stay in PR but that was unaware of rental alternatives. Solution offered: Communication Platform using common language through channels the audience demanded (i.e.personalized service via phone customer service, then evolved to social media and marketplace).
Halfway Through: Focused on increasing inventory of flagship properties with tailored offering. Differentiation is key for JAJ, aiming to offer unique properties based on particular customer interests.
Present times: Brand Positioning with flagship properties, capitalizing on great host and guest relationships. – JAJ is ranked top 3 based on market share, with a current reach of over 600k engaged social media followers and 750+ hosts.
UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION:
Guayacan’s www.guayacan.org Enterprize Program in 2014
Opportunity: Continuous focus on growing adoption of short-term rental as preferred alternative for family vacations and business venues. To that end, JAJ acknowledges and values the social bonds fostered by digital communities and the importance of providing a place for hosts-guests to meet in real time leading to build loyalty and booking repeats.
PR: The estimated size of the PR short-term rental market is over $500M. There is room to increase the share of market by increasing the number of flagship properties to connect with more local users, the “diaspora” and US based guests that today represent 30% of bookings.
Cross-border expansion: Central Florida as phase 1, then expand into other markets. Technology developments will play a key role in this undertaking; the mobile app and next generation of tools such as real time interactions, advanced analytics, machine learning, smart bots, individualized communications and direct cross-selling offers.
TEAM OF CO-FOUNDERS:
Join a Join is co-founded and majority owned by two young but experienced entrepreneurs with extensive background in the leisure industry. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, this duo is united by facility ties, common values, and conviction to win in the hospitality space by showcasing the tropical enchantments of Puerto Rico.
Focused on unique vacation rentals with private pools, Join a Join, an online marketplace for places to stay, seeks to consolidate its success among local clients and tourists in 2022 and beyond.
Via a secure and interactive platform, Join a Join offers travelers and guests access to unique listings either for a weekend getaway or an extended vacation. From luxurious villas in the mountains to cozy places by the beach and other sites of interest.
70% of its clients are local, while the remaining 30% are tourists from abroad, mainly from the United States east Coast. The more than 6 years of operations have helped gain the trust of those who list their properties and those who decide to vacation on the island and rent via Join a Join’s booking platform. ”These numbers grew by the COVID-19 pandemic, which prospectively shift the travel plans abroad of a significant number of people that decided to vacation locally.”” Said Steve Leung (Co-founder).
People discovered that, in the same way that they can go to the movies, eat at restaurants and do internal tourism, they can add to their portfolio of things to do, vacation homes. People are looking for access over ownership. Join a Join is a match for people looking for spaces with views, private pools and entertainment.”
JOIN A JOIN DRIVES ITS GROWTH WITH UNIQUE VACATION RENTALS
Join a Join “looks to understand the taste of the market in terms of vacation rentals. Our business highlights the experiences that the consumer tends to seek. If you are interested in a house with a pool, Pool table or even a house that allows pets in Join a Join you can find it. We customized our platform, to facilitate the browsing experience by positioning the option to browse by dates, specific property, locations and even different categories so you can be able to narrow a search to what you are looking for.’’
Currently some of the most popular rentals are those located in municipalities such as Comerío, San Lorenzo, Patillas, Lajas, Cayey,
Aguada and Caguas.
“There’s lots of space to grow, we continue adding more listings to our portfolio, while continuing strengthening the client experience and enhancing our platform and app. Said Mike Leung (Co-founder).
JOIN A JOIN