Key benefits of locating in the City of Salisbury include:
- It is at the centre of all major transport links, being home to the Northern Connector and Northern Expressway, Intermodal rail, Parafield and RAAF airports and only 15mins to Port Adelaide.
- Superior research and development facilities, including the University of South Australia, Defence Science and Technology Group and Technology Park.
- A competitive advantage in Defence, Food processing, Manufacturing, Knowledge intensive research and Logistics sectors.
- Emerging sector opportunities in Space, Cybersecurity, Manufacturing 4.0, Energy and Health manufacturing.
- A diverse and highly skilled workforce.
- Population-driven growth in both Retail and Health services.
- One of the lowest Council rates in Adelaide for Industrial and Commercial property.
- An ongoing supply of employment and residential land through both infill and greenfield sites.
- A highly efficient development planning process.
In Salisbury new thinking is being applied to the transformation of individual firms and whole industry sectors. Adopting this entrepreneurial mindset within our organisation has underpinned the establishment of several commercial opportunities unique in the local government sector:
- Salisbury Water – an innovative and reliable recycled water service provider delivering economic, environmental and social benefits to the community.
- The Polaris Business Development Centre – helping businesses start, grow and become more competitive by providing business advice and programmes across northern Adelaide for over 20 years.
- Salisbury Living – delivering nationally award-winning affordable housing and revitalisation projects that support economic growth and the local construction industry, while providing a financial return through the development of Council land assets.
- Salisbury Development Services – providing building rules certification to private clients and other local government areas in South Australia.
- Majority ownership (51%) of Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority – a regional subsidiary providing best practice waste management and resource recovery services for businesses, industry and local government and driving service and infrastructure delivery efficiencies through economies of scale.
An innovative approach and strong financial management have enabled the City of Salisbury to invest in state-of-the-art facilities for our community:
- Bridgestone Athletics Centre – a fully integrated athletic training facility of Olympic standard.
- Salisbury Community Hub – a multi-purpose facility containing the civic centre, library, education and study facilities, event and exhibition spaces.
- Redevelopment of the Salisbury Aquatic and Recreation Precinct Centre – with a 50-metre outdoor pool, heated 25 metre indoor lap and leisure pools, water slides, a gymnasium, water play park and café opening in 2024.
- Networked local sporting and community hubs.