BDO USA, LLP (BDO) is active in all phases of the technology ecosystem here in New Jersey. We support companies in their early stages and work with them as they execute on their growth strategy. Along that life cycle many situations present themselves including the need for financing growth, potential strategic acquisitions, and exit opportunities. Regardless of where you are along the life cycle path, BDO stands ready to work with your management team to help you achieve your objective. We have extensive experience with angel investors, venture capital firms, and private equity funds and have a proven record of success.
BDO KNOWS LOCAL PRESENCE, GLOBAL REACH
With more than 60 offices nationwide, BDO provides assurance, tax, and advisory services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. As the US Member Firm of BDO International Ltd., we leverage the international resources and relationships from over 1,600 offices in 167 countries to serve our clients wherever they may do business.
ACCESSIBLE, FLEXIBLE SERVICE AT BDO
Quality, independent service is paramount and is the key to our success in building strong, long-term client relationships. We embrace a hands-on, flexible service philosophy based on the attention of experienced professionals and a culture of openness, candor, and trust. Combined with the advantages of a streamlined, accessible organizational structure, our approach translates to timely responses and swift resolution of technical issues or questions for our clients.
KNOWLEDGEABLE, PROACTIVE PROFESSIONALS
Professionalism is one of the hallmarks of BDO’s culture, along with our other core values of competence, honesty and integrity, dedication, responsibility, and accountability. These values guide our dedicated team in their interactions with our clients and each other, as well as the communities in which we conduct business.
LOCAL STRENGTH, GLOBAL CAPABILITIES, LOGICAL CHOICE
In a market where one size certainly does not fit all, organizations are increasingly turning to BDO for the personal involvement and attentiveness of a trusted advisor, with an international scope of resources and services.
BROAD INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE, IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE
BDO professionals have years of experience servicing the specific needs of clients in a variety of industries. BDO’s professionals are well versed in a myriad of issues facing a variety of industries, including technology. For a full list of industries we serve please visit our website at BDO.com/industries.
SCALABLE AND INTEGRATED SERVICE APPROACH
BDO delivers a breadth of services tailored to meet our clients’ needs. Our core services include advisory, accounting and auditing, and tax. A full listing can be found here: BDO.com/services.
Our technology focus and experience is demonstrated both in our relevant client work and our thought leadership. We publish a variety of knowledge resources including the following:
- BDOTech, our technology industry practice newsletter, which keeps you abreast of relevant news and hot topics that go beyond balance sheets and financial statements;
- BDO 10 Tech Predictions, our annual piece identifying what we see as the top 10 trends that will likely shape the technology industry in the coming year;
- BDO Technology Outlook Survey of CFOs, a national survey conducted by an independent market research consulting firm, whose executive interviews speak directly to 100 chief financial officers of leading US technology companies in the hardware, telecommunications, internet, and IT service sectors;
- BDO 600: Technology, a study conducted annually examining board compensation practices of 600 mid-market public companies with annual revenues between $25 million and $1 billion.
Our experience serving companies in all aspects of the technology industry includes:
- Big data analytics
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Communication technology
- Computer programming services
- Computer training
- Software publishers
- Computer-related services
- Computer hardware and peripheral equipment
- Data management
- Software merchant wholesalers
- Software reproducing
- Internet and new technologies
- Video gaming
- Media and entertainment
We are experienced and well versed in issues facing the software and technology industry, including:
- Product and service development
- Distribution, customer service and support
- International product strategies
- Technology development and applications
- Software management
- Software security
- Software pricing, purchasing and licensing
- Software company IPOs
When it comes to industry accounting issues, our professionals can also help technology companies navigate:
- Multiple element arrangements
- Software revenue recognition
- Stock option accounting
- Business combinations accounting
- R&D tax credits
- Section 199 deduction
- Software import royalties
- Employment taxes on statutory stock options
- Foreign sales corporations
- Capital raised through debt or equity
BDO WOODBRIDGE STATISTICS
- Over 100 local professionals including 51 CPAs
- Partner/Staff Ratio: 1 Partner/9 Staff
- Industry leaders and specialists in technology, life sciences, manufacturing & distribution
- Significant practice serving SEC registrants
- Tax professionals experienced in federal, state, local and international tax as well as R&D, transfer pricing and other tax specialty areas
- Local expertise in serving global entities with access to over 80,000 professionals in 1,600+ offices worldwide